Monday, January 12, 2009

Update on NSTs

My NST this morning was not as complication-free as my previous ones have been. I was having contractions throughout the testing, although some of them were mini-contractions that Julie just called "irritability."

Boston wasn't reacting the way he should -- although he was moving around a lot, we weren't seeing the same good accelerations in his heart rate that we had seen in the past.

After 45 minutes on the monitor (as opposed to the usual 20), Julie took my results to be analyzed by Dr. Lu. This was a first, as they are usually clear cut enough for Julie to release me on her own. Dr. Lu gave me permission to leave, but asked about whether I was feeling the contractions and to be extra-vigilant about baby-movements.

The plan right now is for me to come back in for regularly scheduled testing on Thursday.

1 comment:

TheCarlsonCrew said...

Continuing to pray for you all. May God surround you with His peace in the days and weeks to come!

Lindsey Carlson