Wednesday, January 28, 2009

More Than A Feeling...

The new song on the playlist is Boston's "More than a feeling." I decided to not put it on the playlist until we were close to delivery...and it looks like we are. This song is on my "Greatest Hits" list (although Boston's name is unrelated to my interest in the band). As Boston has gotten bigger and bigger and his movements stronger and stronger, I have come to realize that soon he will be "more than a feeling." We are about to meet our little man - and I am so excited.

Tomorrow morning we need prayers -- I have my regular NST at 8:30 and then at 9:00 we are going to be facing some decisions. On Monday during my office visit it was discovered that Boston had flipped from his previous head down position to a head up/face up breech position. He has so much fluid to move around in that it allows him to turn when most babies would not be able to. At 9:00 tomorrow I have what Lynn called a "position check." If he is still in breech, then Lynn said that we will "talk." This "talk" will focus on the decision of whether to try and turn him manually into a head-down position and then most likely induce right then. I'm not sure what my options will be if he is head down or if he refuses to turn. I know that if I go into labor while he is breech then I will almost definitely have to have a c-section. The risks of cord prolapse are even higher when the baby is in breech and most doctors just don't try vaginal breech delivery any more -- the risks are just to high.

We will try to update as fast as we can tomorrow -- but be expecting some news :)

No comments: