Wednesday, December 10, 2008

More than halfway there!

We found out about Boston's likely diagnosis 10 weeks ago today. His due date is 9 weeks from tomorrow. It is hard to believe, but we are more than halfway through this first period of prayer, the waiting for his due date. The hardest thing about the four month period between the time we found out about his possible diagnosis and our due date is the uncertainty -- knowing that all we can do is wait and pray and trust in God. The most fun thing about this time is that right now Boston is doing great! He is living his little life to the fullest, kicking and growing and moving around. I can only wonder about what his little brain is thinking -- most likely something along the lines of "my Mom is awesome; she takes such good care of me...keeping me fed and warm and letting me listen to good music. My dad is awesome too...I like it when he talks to me and tells me how I am going to look just like him. I like Clark too, but I wish he wouldn't always sit on my head."

The comfort of knowing that he is okay right now is also part of the uncertainty -- not knowing if right now is the only time he will be "healthy" and okay. So while I am anxious to meet him, I also want him to stay right where he is for as long as possible, because I know he is safe and taken care of. This is the part where God comes in...where he tells me that "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." (2 Cor. 12:9). God will perfect his power not only in Boston's weaknesses, but in my own. And so I trust in that. And as Paul put it so perfectly: May the God of hope grant you all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. Romans 15:13 Can you picture that? Someone overflowing with hope? Gushing with hope? Spraying hope like a firehose? Sweating hope? Walking around with an aura of hope? Beams of hope shooting from their eyes? It's a visual picture. And not just hope, but ALL joy and peace as well. I can't imagine a more perfect place to be then filled with all joy and peace and overflowing with hope. Call it that "pregnancy glow."

No comments: