Monday, December 22, 2008

Getting ready...

This weekend we made some exciting progress towards Boston's birth.

On Saturday, Brian washed Boston's clothes while I set up the nursery. For right now, we have put all of Boston's stuff in the guest room because we don't know when (or if) we will come home from the hospital or what kind of set-up we will need when we get there. There may be some major furniture rearranging depending on what we need, for a dialysis machine, feeding apparatus, etc. But for now, I blissfully arranged his Winnie-the-Pooh baskets on his shelves, filling them with onesies and sleep and plays and baby washcloths and booties and other assorted baby-morabilia. I separated out the smallest items in case he is less than 8 pounds and we need some preemie or newborn clothes. They are the tiniest of outfits and could fit on his teddy bear! Clark helped arrange things. He was highly disappointed that he could no longer fit into his swing. He looked adorable as he peeked over the bassinet to see what was inside. For now, it only holds a green teddy bear and a blanket, but hopefully he will soon get to peer at his baby brother! The new paint in the guest room looks great with all of Winnie-the-Pooh decor.

Our second baby-related event happened overnight on Saturday. I tossed and turned all night and had major lower back pain. I couldn't figure out what was going on until Sunday morning when I got out of my bed and realized that Boston had majorly changed positions. I will find out at the sonogram tomorrow whether or not Boston has officially "dropped" but I can tell you that it sure feels like it. I used to have a shelf that I could rest a drink on, but now he has moved down much lower. Although I can breathe easier, it has made walking much more difficult. For first time moms, the baby can drop weeks ahead of time. Since this is my second pregnancy, I was not expecting Boston to move down quite so early, but hopefully I still have a few weeks left before I deliver. The doctors have agreed that it is medically impossible for my due date to be Feb. 12, so I have a due date "range" of Feb. 1 to the 12, making my due date 6 to 7 1/2 weeks away. I want to get everything done at home and at work so I don't have procrastination stress.

My sonogram is tomorrow at 4 and I have my pre-admission appointment at the hospital at 6. I am excited to see how Boston is growing and to get a tour of the maternity ward at St. Luke's.

1 comment:

The Chance Family said...

We're continuing to pray that you'll be bringing Boston home as healthy as can be and it's great that you're preparing for that! He is so blessed to have you both for parents! It won't be long now!